System Test Engineer
Our client is a world leading innovator in their industry, distributing across 5 continents with customers in more than 100 countries. Continuing their success, they have a great opportunity for a System Test Engineer to join their R&D team testing new software, firmware and hardware solutions to provide the highest quality feature set as expected by their customer base.
This role is office-based in Derby. Flexible working around core hours is available, but you will need to be able to commute to Derby on a daily basis.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and tools.
- At least 5 years’ experience of testing software, ideally in a commercial environment.
- Experience of test case generation, test data design, test methodologies and bug report processes.
- A basic understanding of networking, or a background in network support
- Excellent observation skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal support.
- Ability to produce clear and concise testing documentation.
- Creation and execution of test suites and bug tracking in Azure Devops.
- Experience of testing firmware and hardware in a complex system environment.
- Hands on experience of building System Test rigs from ordering required kit to final build.
- Experience in Network troubleshooting i.e., performing Wireshark trace analysis.
- Some experience of creating automated test scripts using Python.
- Experience with AV products.
- Experience of assisting with on-site customer support requests.
An excellent benefits package is on offer, including the following:
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Flexible holiday scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- An annual profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times
A basic salary of up to £45,000 is on offer, depending on experience. Interested? Send your CV now!