Our client’s Insight & Analysis team are looking for a talented and ambitious Strategic Analyst. This person will support the Insight & Analysis team, with a particular focus on forecasting and future planning. If you are passionate and proactive about driving business decisions through meaningful analysis this is the perfect opportunity to take the next step to develop your career.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial accounts, ensuring accuracy and providing valuable insights into the company’s financial performance.
- Evaluate historical financial data and trends to support strategic decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with the finance team to gather and analyze financial information for various projects.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive long-term forecasting models to support strategic planning initiatives.
- Analyze external factors, industry trends, and market dynamics to project future financial performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to provide strategic recommendations for potential business transactions.
- Stay informed about economic, regulatory, and industry changes that may impact the company’s strategic direction.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Utilize Excel, SQL, and other analytical tools to extract, transform, and analyze large datasets.
- Generate reports and dashboards to communicate key insights and findings to stakeholders.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance data analysis processes and reporting methodologies.
- Stay current on industry best practices and emerging technologies to improve analytical capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field. Master’s degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CFA) is a plus.
- Proven experience in a similar strategic analyst role, with a focus on financial analysis and forecasting.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, SQL, and other analytical tools.
- Previous experience in mergers and acquisitions is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Inquisitive mindset, keen to learn, and passionate about data and its strategic implications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This is a hybrid role so this person will be working at the Burton on Trent offices on average 1-2 days per week. To £45,000 + benefits, great career potential. Interested? Send your CV now!