Our client is looking for a software tester to join their IT projects team. This is a hybrid role – home based, with travel to Birmingham City Centre approximately once a week. This person will manage the test phase of projects which are delivered internally and by third party providers.
- 6 months+ in a software testing role
- Able to define a test strategy, and write test cases based on pre-existing use cases and stories.
- Able to define and implement a test plan
- Agile experience (SCRUM or similar)
- Understands load/performance testing
- An excellent eye for detail
- Jira/Confluence experience would be beneficial.
- Able to commute to Birmingham as required.
About the role
The software tester will work with business analysts to understand requirements, developing and managing the test strategy as well as the required test cases that development partners rely on as part of their test-driven development approach.
When software has been delivered, you will test it for quality, usability, and that it meets the requirement, raising bugs and managing them to resolution.
When software has been released into UAT you will work with the nominated business users to guide them. You will also be responsible for ensuring that critical processes are unaffected by the change when software is released into live.
Wea re looking for someone that wants to further their career in testing, and that can bring structure and clarity to the testing phase. Within the role, you will own the test phase and work in a varied team, communicating with project stakeholders as needed.
Interested? If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV!
Please note that we get a high response rate to tester roles. We recommend ensuring that your application stands out from the crowd with a covering letter outlining what makes you a good candidate for the role.