To broaden our client’s company portfolio, they are looking for a Senior Business Development Specialist to identify and develop relationships with prospects in the UK, as well as support junior members of the team. The Senior Business Development Specialist represents the front end of the acquisition process: mapping and analyzing UK vertical software market, extending the pipeline of qualified M&A leads and getting in contact with prospects. The role would also involve supporting and managing junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate is analytical, has very strong communication skills and possesses basic financial literacy, and would also have experience of supporting and developing junior colleagues in the team. They would also have experience of reporting and monitoring the performance of a team, and would have ideally been involved in discussions around team strategy in previous roles. It’s a small team, currently, but likely to grow.
The industry is IT/Software development. Although it is essential that this person has some business development experience, ideally within an industry with a long sales cycle (12 months+, ideally), specific IT industry experience is not required.
- Likes working in a team, but can also excel on their own
- Interest in and knowledge of IT and software
- Genuine interest in people and companies
- Commercial skills and sales affinity, able to establish contact with new parties
- Basic knowledge of key financials and annual reports
- Experience with online research
- Able to combine and process different pieces of information from different sources to determine whether a company fits our investment profile
- Grow prospect database in UK by identifying vertical market software companies meeting their acquisition criteria
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls, email and social media communication to identify and connect with target companies
- Use Marketing and CRM data to build relationships with key stakeholders / decision makers
- Follow up on outbound and inbound prospect activities in a timely manner
- Conduct sales development best practices to connect with and qualify prospects
- Track activities and manage relevant information in Salesforce
- Provide training and coaching for junior team members
- Prepare reports and analysis to help drive the strategic direction of the team
- Be involved in discussions with internal leadership about our plans for the future
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Some experience of a sales engagement platform is desirable
- Willingness to travel around the UK and Ireland for meetings with prospects, as well as to the Netherlands a few times each year for team meetings and training events
What is on offer
- Attractive compensation package, including competitive salary and bonus opportunity
- Full-time permanent position
- International travel and experience
- Be part of a result driven and ambitious M&A team with colleagues that like to work hard and strive for the best but also celebrate success together
- 24 days holiday + 3 days for Christmas shutdown, + statutory
- Home based (UK) with some travel (UK and Europe)
- Contributory pension and cash health care plan.
- Flexible working around core hours
£50,000 – £60,000 + bonus + commission (10% salary commission per acquisition and 10% performance-related bonus) and benefits. Interested? Send your cv now!