We are recruiting for a Project Manager with a background in ERP systems within a food distribution environment. This is an exciting opportunity to manage multiple key projects (IT and operations) and will involve establishing project teams, defining the project execution plan, and leading the teams to successfully deliver the projects on time and within budget.
- ERP systems implementation
- Food manufacturing / distribution – ideally chilled
- Knowledge of best practice project management tools & techniques
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail whilst also seeing the big picture/vision
- Ability to resolve conflicts between people & functions
- The ability to significantly influence outcomes
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Some experience of a significant change management programme
- Experience of successfully managing a number of medium and large projects
- Projects will need to be executed within live production & sales environments and must be executed without disrupting these operations.
- The projects will involve new business relationships with new suppliers.
- The range of projects crosses several different functions where the PM will not have specialist knowledge.
- There are multiple stakeholders involved and many are new relationships.
- All business functions will be involved in the projects design & execution.
- Potential conflicts between Workstreams on design & value balancing.
- Comfortable with constant change
- Results & deliverables focused
- Willing to be assertive when required
- Likes to develop processes and new ways of working
- Enjoys sharing knowledge with others
- Is not afraid of significant ambiguity
This person’s role will involve ensuring projects have a clearly defined scope and objectives. They will coordinate the planning of all workstreams within projects, ensure plans are realistic, aligned, and meet the project objectives. They will facilitate and chair steering committee meetings, set agendas and ensure adequate decision making.
The business is located in Derby and due to the nature of the role this is largely an office based position. There is a great opportunity here for someone that enjoys the challenge of brand new projects to play a key role in substantial business change projects, both technical and operational. To £60,000 + benefits. Interested? Send your CV now!