Business Change & Technical Project Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Business Change & Technical Project Manager to join their team, with at least 3 years prior direct experienced of delivering complex projects and embedding change.
This is a home based role – there is occasional travel to Birmingham for workshops and meetings (approx 1-2 times per month usually).
- The ability to manage a project delivery on time and within budget in a constantly changing environment
- Very strong risk management skills
- Very strong communication skills at all levels of the business both verbally and in writing
- A solid understanding of data and how this may impact processes and business propositions.
- Strong operational understanding of IT solutions and standard approaches, including being familiar with the full Microsoft Productivity suite
- Direct technical experience of IT projects including designing new solutions from scratch
- Desire and aptitude to grow with the business.
- Specific experience working for a smaller B2B focused energy supplier.
- An understanding of aligned, behind the meter services such as EV / Batteries / Solar / BMS
- Working knowledge of Jira & Confluence.
- Prince 2 or PMBOK experience/accreditation
About the role
You will be working with project sponsors and key stakeholders to deliver critical projects in a variety of areas across the business which underpin our core systems. The role is outcome focussed and the delivery approach is not traditional and very ‘hands on’, but it does require an appropriate level of governance and co-operation with the other project delivery areas within the business.
Work with the business sponsors and the key stakeholders to define the scope of work, including collaboration on the business case and requirements as well as controlling costs and managing the delivery partners.
You will be responsible for a wide range of projects including business change, system development, delivery and implementation, taking full responsibility for the project delivery and ensuring it meets the operational and budgetary needs of the business. It will be your responsibility to identify necessary resources and negotiate with the business to secure them and you will also work with potential sponsors to develop business cases. You will act as a conduit between third-party vendors and the business to ensure system capabilities are delivered.
You will be a passionate Project Manager with an eye for delivery and getting the job done whilst maintaining the required level of governance. You will also be very comfortable handling multiple projects each at different stages of their lifecycles. You will also bring a tenacious attitude and approach to delivery in complex and difficult situations.
- Bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 12 months service.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance, upon completion of probation.
- Flexible working arrangements, including home working as agreed
- A friendly culture with a high focus on employee wellbeing
- In addition, our client offer a wide variety of other employee benefits including a season ticket travel loan scheme, a variety of salary sacrifice schemes.
- The opportunity to work at an innovative renewable energy company who is delivering something different to the energy industry.
To £60,000 + benefits. Interested? Send your CV now!