Junior Software Developer
Our client offers an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate developer who is enthusiastic about software development and who is looking for a role where they can develop their skills and experience. Having a positive approach to the job and a commitment to continuous development is essential.
The business offers options for hybrid working – up to 2 days a week working at home – but for people who are training, there is a focus on learning from the office, which is based near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire (You will need your own transport, as the site is not central).
The junior developer/Graduate developer will work on various projects, collaborating with the software development team and other company stakeholders to design, develop and maintain high quality systems using .NET Languages (C#, VB.Net) whilst adhering to best practice. In addition, you will work to resolve system problems and help users with day-to-day queries.
Our client has an excellent track record of supporting professional development with a blend of mentoring, working alongside experienced software developers and through on-line learning courses (Pluralsight). You will be committed to maximising these opportunities by taking a proactive approach to continuous learning and development. Having confidence to collaborate with people at all levels of the business is important.
Responsibilities: Developing, maintaining, and supporting our in-house software systems.
- Experience of .NET development
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Good analytical skills, diligence
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work alone, as part of a team and to help others
- Ability to work to deadlines, striving to complete on time
- Willingness and aptitude to learn and develop
- An understanding of modern software development principles
- Experience in VB.Net
- Experience of using GIT or other source control system
- Experience in using APIs
- Experience of Microsoft Azure
- Ability to investigate technical issues and create appropriate fixes
- Experience of Agile environment practices
- Experience in Azure DevOps
- Ability to stay on top of technical developments and industry trends
- Ideally having a relevant degree in software engineering/development, computer science, or similar (or equivalent commercial experience, apprenticeship etc).
- 37.50 hours per week
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme (15% employer contribution)
- Private healthcare scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Personal and home loan schemes
- Gym on-site at HQ
- Free car parking
- Private dental scheme
NB: Own transport and driving licence is helpful due to location. To £26,000. Interested? Send your CV now!