IT Support Team Leader
Our client is looking for an IT Support Team Leader to join their team. This person will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of 2, providing 1st and 2nd line support to the company’s end users and running the day-to-day support of the company’s IT systems.
This person will need to be comfortable to work in a factory environment and to be involved in an on-call rota. The role would be ideal for someone from an IT support background who is highly organised and efficient.
- Taking the lead on the day to day operation of IT support. This is not exclusively service desk based, and will involve going into the factory environment probably several times a day.
- 1st and 2nd line support
- Providing out of hours support on a rota basis
- Managing and mentoring a support technician and an IT apprentice
- Managing the incident backlog and prioritising workload
- Overseeing the purchasing and disposal of IT equipment
- Administering Active Directory
- Reporting on the performance of the service desk
- Writing procedural and/or support documentation
- Ensuring the company’s anti virus and firewall are up to date and fit for purpose
- Carrying out occasional installations and maintenance out of hours
Skills and experience
- ITIL and Microsoft accreditations would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook & Visio
- Working knowledge of Windows Server & Active directory
- Experienced at support of Laptops, desktops and printers
- Mobile smartphone support
- Office 365 Admin Portal
- VoIP systems
- Experience of mentoring others while delivering own objectives
- Full cycle request management, documentation and change control
You will need to live within 1 hr of Derby due to the on-call element of the role (1 week in 3, 24×7 and includes weekends). Calls are relatively infrequent and tend to be password resets but it is essential that you can get to the site if needed. You will need a driving licence and to be eligible for business insurance, for occasional travel to other sites.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in a senior position, and contribute to the ongoing success of the business. Interested? Send your CV now!
To £38,000 (includes on-call).