Home based with occasional travel to site.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the support of internal IT infrastructure including server hardware and operating systems, networking, telephony and security across all our client’s sites.
This person will need to have experience of Azure and the cloud.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
• Project resource for both internal IT Projects and Operational Projects that require Infrastructure involvement.
• Day to day management of the server estate
• 3rd line support
• Troubleshooting and correcting issues relating to server, network, and telephony Infrastructure.
• Configuring and deploying network/infrastructure equipment to standard configurations.
• Experience of managing networking devices
• Knowledge of networking principles including TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing, switches, firewalls and VLAN configuration
• Good working knowledge of Azure
• A strong desire to maintain a reliable IT infrastructure using documentation, careful planning and automation
• An approach of constant learning to ensure your employer benefits from technology improvements and best practice
• Experience of administering Microsoft Server and desktop operating systems including concepts such as Active Directory and Group Policy
• Awareness of IT security
• Knowledge of SQL would be beneficial (not essential)
• Willingness to work out of hours when required for system maintenance
• Willingness to occasionally travel to support sites (driving licence required).
£45,000 to £50,000 + benefits. Interested? Send your CV now!