Head of IT Services and Security
Our client is recruiting for a Head of IT Services and Security – this is a hybrid role, based in Birmingham on average 3 days per week.
This person will manage 3rd party supply partners to ensure the delivery of IT Support services, and key infrastructure and security projects.
Security is at the heart of this role – you will be the designated information security manager for the business and ensure that policy documentation is maintained accordingly. SSCP, CISSP, CISM certification, or similar, is essential.
- Familiar with ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials and what is needed to maintain accreditation
- You will be security cleared or willing to go through the BS7858
- An appropriate security certification such as SSCP, CISSP, CISM is essential
- Vendor training certification for AWS, AZURE, SonicWall – advantageous
- Solid ITIL knowledge
About the role
You will assume direct management responsibility for the day-to-day liaison with, and co-ordination of all 3rd party companies that support and implement our client’s cloud and onsite technical infrastructure, and our data and voice networks.
You will monitor the active global and local IT threats and liaise with the National Cyber Security Centre to ensure that the business is prepared for all known scenarios.
You will define the security strategy for the business and maintain the plan to ensure that it matches the current threat level and the company’s risk appetite.
You will be directly managing the in-house IT technician(s) and establishing a 1st line support desk capability. In addition you will provide line management to the Data Services team.
You will act as a PM in the delivery of technical projects, systems solutions, process level change.
You will act as conduit between third-party vendors and the business, you must be flexible in your outlook and be able to exhibit joined up thinking between IT and business functions.
You are likely to have a deep and solid understanding of ICT design principles together with strong background in countering vulnerabilities in hard and soft systems.
The role will be outcome focussed and the delivery approach is not traditional. You are likely to be involved in a variety of activities to ensure the job gets done. Managing virtual teams drawn from within the business and our supply partners.
- Proven background in IT architecture, delivery and security – min. 5 years
- Strong knowledge of underlying network and security principles with the ability to become a SME in new areas
- Good understanding of Firewall, Network and VPN capabilities and configurations
- Very strong vendor and partner management skills – including managing SLA’s
- Strong understanding and proven track record of delivering technical projects
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Azure cloud hosting
- Good understanding of Office 365, SharePoint and Outlook
- Experience of implementing security solutions to harden existing network capabilities
- Experience of working within and maintaining an ISMS in line with ISO 27001 and ensuring compliance in systems delivery
- Experience of managing teams, both internal (cross discipline) and external
- Desire and aptitude to grow with the business
There is a great opportunity here to be a key contributor to the success of a thriving business. To £80,000 basic, 5% bonus, contributory pension, private medical, 24 days holiday going up to 26 in year 2. Option to buy and sell holidays. Hybrid role with travel to Birmingham on average 3 days per week. Interested? Send your CV now!