Our client has a requirement for a skilled Field Engineer to join their team, troubleshooting IT issues on their sites across the South West UK and maintaining a high level of customer service for all support queries, ensuring that SLA’s and ITIL v4 are met.
This person can work from home when they are not on site, and must have a UK driving licence and their own transport.
- Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 10)
- Patching LAN equipment, joining Wi-Fi and troubleshooting network connectivity problems is essential
- Using and troubleshooting MS Office (2013 & Office365)
- Troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing & delegation)
- Knowledge of Active Directory (ADManager Plus)
- Printer setups & maintenance
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up /configuration
- Time management and multitasking ability is essential
- Experience working on service desk using ITIL v4
- Exchange Server
- A relevant professional qualification within IT
- ITIL v4 Foundation, Cisco CCNA or MS Office 365 accreditations would be highly advantageous.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work effectively and productively with all other levels of IT support
- Supporting users with problems, performing technical diagnosis on site
- Accountable for logging all calls on the tickets system to a professorial standard and maintain full documentation
- Maintaining user security on all systems
- Maintaining that internal SLA’s and ITIL v4 processes are followed
- Working to an expected set of standards outlined in a service desk Handbook
- Assisting with documentation to be stored in our knowledge base
- Accountable for arranging external support visit where problems cannot be resolved remotely
- Assisting the Service Desk Manager & Head of Service Delivery with any requests
- Undertaking ad-hoc requests as directed by line manager & Head of Service Delivery
Customer service is absolutely key to success in this role so this person will need to be able to demonstrate empathy and the ability to prioritise and plan your day. There will be frequent overnight stays within the role – fully expensed with dinner and breakfast accommodated. It’s a friendly and busy working environment and there is good career potential. Benefits include 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance programme. Interested? Send your CV now! £30,000 to £35,000 per annum basic + benefits + 40p per mile travel expenses.
Interested? Send your CV now!