Embedded Software Tester
We are pleased to offer a great opportunity for a talented, motivated and outgoing individual to help maintain our client’s growth. The Embedded Software Tester will be a key member of the Software Development team, to ensure that our products meet the standards expected by our worldwide customer base. This role is office-based in Derby.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for analysing requirements and designing tests to meet those requirements.
- Writing, maintaining and executing both manual and automated software tests that demonstrate that acceptance criteria have been met.
- You will Manage and Maintain test scripts to support a stable continuous integration test environment.
- You will work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Self-managing to meet demands across multiple teams wherever possible.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience of software testing, preferably in an embedded environment.
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Experience of REST API and Networking and internet protocols (such as HTTP/ TCP-IP)
- Familiarity with software version control systems e.g., TFS, Git (Experience using DevOps Azure 2019 would be beneficial.)
- Knowledge of Python and Bash scripting languages
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Flexible holiday scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- An annual profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
To £37,000 + benefits + bonus scheme. Derby-based (office-based). Interested? Send your CV now!