C++ Software Engineer
Working from home (or you can use the Derby offices, or hybrid working, if you prefer) a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented C++ Developer / Software Engineer, with a passion for innovation and technical excellence to join a company offering an exciting career path working with an engaged and motivated team.
Based from home, the successful candidate will be a key member of the software development team primarily designing and implementing Windows Display Driver solutions to provide the rich feature set expected by our client’s worldwide customer base. The specialist display drivers support video walls up to 200MPixels in size, while displaying hundreds of simultaneous video captures and information feeds.
If you choose to work 100% remotely you will need to ensure you have a dedicated workspace and room for lots of IT kit including 4 monitors!
Required Skills and Experience
·Experience of Modern C++ development on Windows or Linux.
·Practical experience of Direct3D 11, OpenGL 3+, Vulkan and HLSL or GLSL shader development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical knowledge and experience of platform debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of Windows kernel and Windows device drivers.
- Knowledge of Linux system programming or kernel module development.
- An interest in hardware development, electronics and computer systems.
- Practical experience of working in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Practical experience of version control systems such as Git or Microsoft Azure DevOps (TFS).
- Knowledge and experience of programming in C# or Python.
- Knowledge of media codecs such as H.264/H.265 (HEVC), MPEG2 or WMV.
There is a great career path on offer and excellent benefits:
- 27 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays).
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- Bupa Private Health Care.
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme.
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm.
- Cycle2Work scheme.
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
- Bonus to 8%.
Interested? Send your CV now!