Business Development Executive
(IT and Software)
Location: UK (Remote)
Are you a recent Graduate who has an interest in IT and Software who enjoys building relationships with people? Then this role could be the next step in your career path within Sales and Mergers and Acquisitions.
With high levels of growth, our client are looking for a Junior Business Developer to identify and develop relationships with key prospects in the Republic of Ireland. The Business Developer represents the front end of the acquisition process: mapping and analyzing the Irish vertical software market, extending the pipeline of qualified M&A leads and getting in contact with prospects.
The ideal candidate is analytical, has very strong communication skills and possesses basic financial literacy.
- Likes working in a team, but can also excel on their own
- Interest in and knowledge of IT and software
- Genuine interest in people and companies
- Commercial skills and sales affinity, able to establish contact with new parties
- Basic knowledge of key financials and annual reports
- Experience with online research
- Able to combine and process different pieces of information from different sources to determine whether a company fits our investment profile
- Grow the prospect database in Ireland by identifying vertical market software companies meeting our acquisition criteria
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls, email and social media communication to identify and connect with target companies
- Use Marketing and CRM data to build relationships with key stakeholders / decision makers
- Follow up on outbound and inbound prospect activities in a timely manner
- Conduct sales development best practices to connect with and qualify prospects
- Track activities and manage relevant information in Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Some experience of a sales engagement platform is desirable
- Willingness to travel around Ireland for meetings with prospects, as well as to the Netherlands a few times each year for team meetings and training events
What our client offers
- Attractive compensation package, including competitive salary and bonus opportunity (basic salary £28,000 – £35,000 depending on experience + commission/bonus based earnings)
- Full-time permanent position
- International travel and experience
- Be part of a result driven and ambitious M&A team with colleagues that like to work hard and strive for the best but also celebrate success together.
This is a home based role with some travel to sites in the UK and Europe, and occasionally to the Netherlands (approx. 3-4 times per year). Bonus scheme and good benefits.
Interested? Send your CV now!