Our client is looking to recruit a business analyst – this person will join their IT projects team, taking on a varied BA role within the business. The business Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements, working with 3rd parties to ensure delivery, and working with the business to implement the changes. This is a hybrid role – you can work from home most of the time but will need to be able to attend meetings and workshops in central Birmingham as required (approx. twice a month).
- Analysing, documenting and validating solutions
- Good understanding of UML, Use cases, user stories, and test driven development within an Agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of software packages with ability to become an SME
- Good understanding of data and how this may impact processes and business propositions
- Testing and accepting solutions
- Understands IT solutions and standard approaches to analysis using UML.
- Delivering and embedding change
- Versatile with working in different ways as different project requirements demand.
- Experience of the energy sector (specifically electricity) would be advantageous.
About the role
The business analyst is responsible for analysis within the SDLC including initial project scoping, and running workshops and training at all levels of the business.
- As Is and To Be process mapping
- Creating swim lane diagrams
- Developing Use cases and/or User stories
- Wireframe development
- Non-functional requirements
- Working with the test team
- Business readiness activities
- Managing the full SDLC.
The business analyst will deliver core projects including delivery of a customer portal, core systems and temporary system solutions. They will work with all areas of the business and stakeholders at all levels, gathering and analysing requirements (challenging where necessary) converting requirements into a standard suite of BA documentation. There are other BAs in the business, and you will also work closely with PMs. This person will also have the opportunity to get involved in mentoring more junior team members, if they would like to.
There is a good career path on offer with this business, which offers a flexible approach to work and good benefits.
Interested? Send your CV now!